DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
The Farmers Arms at St Merryn
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The webmaster of The Farmers Arms at St Merryn is the data controller (contact details below). This means he decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The Farmers Arms at St Merryn complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
• To enable us to provide a comprehensive service for our clients;
• To administer room and table reservations;
• To maintain our own accounts and records.
• To inform you of news, events, activities and services provided by the Farmers Arms;
• For marketing with your express permission only.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and keep you informed about Farmers Arms events.
• Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid or under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
• Processing is carried out for market analysis purposes using only anonymous data.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other employees of the Farmers Arms in order to carry out a service to other Farmers Arms clients or for administration purposes connected with the Farmers Arms. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the Farmers Arms with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data ?
We keep data for an indeterminate period.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which the The Farmers Arms at St Merryn holds about you;
• The right to request that The Farmers Arms at St Merryn corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the The Farmers Arms at St Merryn to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the webmaster (webmaster@ farmersarmscornwall.co.uk).
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.